Importance of Water
Quite simply, humans cannot live without water. It is also the most abundant substance on earth. Beyond earth, as NASA missions explore our solar system and search for new worlds, they are finding water in surprising places. Astronomers see the signature of water in giant molecular clouds between the stars, in disks of material that represent newborn planetary systems, and in the atmospheres of giant planets orbiting other stars. Back on planet earth, we find it in the air we breathe, in most of the foods we eat, and it is in almost every beverage we drink.
Next to the oxygen that is in the air we breathe, water is the most important substance we will ever put into our bodies. While the human body can actually survive several weeks without food, it simply cannot survive without water for more than 2 – 3 days. Why do you suppose that is?
• The human body is approximately 65% – 70% of our body weight is water
• Approximately 80% – 85% of our brain is water
• Approximately 90% of our blood is water
• Water and digestive enzymes working together are responsible for the metabolism and transport of all nutrients
• Water delivers oxygen to the blood and facilitates breathing
• Water binds our cellular membranes together to play a vital role in energy metabolism
• Water facilitates the removal of waste from our bodies
• Water flushes toxins from our bodies
• Water lubricates joints and absorbs shock in joints
• Water regulates body temperature
• Water affects every bodily function
Life without water
According to Dr. Ben Johnson, MD, DO, NMD water is a biological necessity. In his book Healing Waters (Copyright © 2011), Dr. Johnson states that “water is the main substance and source of life, possessing number of properties that make it integral to your body’s function and performance. In addition to acting as a natural cleanser, water is the body’s primary solvent, dissolving vital substances so that your cells can absorb them. In fact, the nutrients you take in from food sources do not have any inherent energy value until they are dissolved in water, which is an essential part of the digestive process.”
Without adequate hydration, cells become de-hydrated (wrinkled) and lose their structural integrity and their ability to function properly. The result is an inability to maintain homeostasis that can increase susceptibility to many health problems including allergies, arthritis & joint pain, asthma, cancer, cardiovascular disease, constipation & diarrhea, edema, fatigue, gastrointestinal problems, glaucoma hot flashes, obesity, sleep disorders, high cholesterol, hypertension, premature aging, and type II diabetes.
Not all water is created equal
Scientists have recognized the water of Hunza, a tiny region tucked away in the Himalayas of northwest Pakistan, was the reason why the people who live in that region have been renowned for their excellent health and longevity. These people generally live past the age of 100, are free from bone loss, tooth decay, and degenerative diseases such as heart disease and cancer.
Dr. Henri Coanda spent six decades examining this glacier-fed drinking water to identify its health-giving features. He observed that its surface tension was low, making the water highly absorbable as well as a clustered crystalline structure similar to that of human body fluids. In other words, it was truly “living water.”
As additional scientists became interested in this research, they found this “living water” in other regions where people enjoyed good health and loved long lives. Those regions include the Andes Mountains, the Caucasus region of southwestern Asia, and the Shin-Chan region of China. These scientists also recognized more of this water’s distinguishing characteristics, including an alkaline pH, an abundance of minerals, a high concentration of active hydrogen, and anti-oxidizing potential.
In a quest to replicate this exceptional water, scientists of the day looked to the work of a British chemist and physicist, Michael Faraday, who invented the first electrolyzing apparatus in the nineteenth century. From there, Russian scientists began experimenting with electrolysis. Their efforts were adapted by researchers in Japan to product the first unit capable of simulating ionization by electrically “splitting” water molecules. The water was divided into acidic and alkaline water that had a remarkable resemblance to Hunza water in structure, chemical makeup, and healthful attributes.
After many experiments were conducted, ionized water was finally deemed safe to test on humans. They were able to prove that ionized water was not only safe for human consumption, but also highly advantageous with regards to improving health. In 1958, large commercial ionizers were manufactured in Japan. By the mid 1960’s, ionizers were used in Japanese hospitals and considered to be legitimate medical devices. It is estimated that, since then, over thirty million Japanese people have used water ionizers for the purpose of improving their health.
The use of water ionizers has expanded globally over the past several decades. According to standards set by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), water ionizers are safe and capable of producing high quality drinking water. At the present time, the use of water ionizers continues to be more widely employed in other countries outside of the United States such as Australia, Canada, New Zealand, various Asian and European countries. This is mainly because most Americans are unaware that ionized water is a readily available resource that can be produced in their own home.
Properties of the Water
Alkaline ionized water has the ability to improve health by supporting and boosting the human immune system. The key to improving water’s overall quality is electrolysis. By receiving an electrical charge, the water is structurally changed and given the following properties:
• Ionized (electrically charged) Ionized water is loaded with active hydrogen which serves as an antioxidant when it interacts with the body. Active hydrogen contains an extra electron that is able to donate to a free radical which then neutralizes the free radical. This property is known as Oxidation Reduction Potential (ORP). This property is also referred to as anti-aging.
• Alkaline Rich Acid-alkaline balance is one of the keys to optimal health. Most people have no idea of the importance of maintaining a balanced pH level in their bodies. An imbalanced state, when sustained for an extended period of time, can lead to chronic degenerative disease. The optimal pH of blood is 7.365. The human body automatically regulates the pH of blood by extracting minerals from bones, cells, organs, and tissues when needed.
• Micro-clustering As a result of electrolysis, ionized water creates small clusters of water with each cluster comprised of 4 – 6 molecules. Most drinking water, including well, tap, and bottled water is comprised of clusters containing 10 – 16 molecules. The smaller clusters of ionized water are absorbed in the body faster and more efficiently, resulting in superior hydration at the cellular level to provide necessary oxygen and nutrients and to help flush acidic waste (de-toxification).
• Different types of water Ionized water can be dispensed in a range of pH setting from 2.5 pH (very acidic) to 11.5 pH (very alkaline) and can be easily selected at the touch of a button. This diverse range allows for the creation of different types of water that can be used for drinking, cooking, beauty, hair care, pet care, cleaning, sanitizing foods & surfaces (remove household chemicals), preparing baby formula, taking prescriptions medications, and enhancing plant & vegetable growth.
Water distillers and reverse osmosis (RO) filters have become popular in recent years, but, as most health professionals know, they are not effective solutions to water acidity and contamination. In fact, distilled water is stripped of vital minerals and as a result, distilled water can be more harmful than good for you. In addition, for every gallon of water produced by an RO filter, one gallon is also wasted. Water ionizers, on the other hand are the complete opposite in terms of being an asset to your health and the environment.
Side effects of consuming alkaline ionized water
Consuming alkaline ionized water comes with its own set of side effects that you should be aware of:
• Neutralizes free radicals to reduce oxidation, thus slowing the aging process
• Boosts your immune system
• Keeps your kidneys healthy
• Improves liver health
• Improves circulation
• Improves digestion
• Improves your skin
• Improves wound healing
• Helps maintain normal bowel function
• Less colds and flu
• Reduces blood pressure
• Gives muscle relief
• Cholesterol reduction
• Aids in weight control
• Energizes your body
• Makes you look and feel younger
• Lubricates joints
• Reduces inflammation and associated pain
• Reduces “brain fog”
• Micro-clustered for rapid absorption of important vitamins and minerals
• Outstanding hydration and drinkability (no bloating)
In conclusion, please keep in mind human embryos are kept in an alkaline state throughout the nine months of pregnancy and the internal composition of the human body should remain in a slightly alkaline state throughout life. The water you drink has a significant impact on the state of your health as water is the source of all life, fueling our bodies and giving them the energy, nutrients, and oxygen required to carry out essential biological activities. By drinking alkaline ionized water every day, you better position yourself to remain healthy, vibrant, and to be able to live a long life, much like the people of the Hunza region.